Shockwave for Chronic Musculoskeletal Conditions
Shockwave therapy (also called radial pressure wave) are acoustic waves transmitted into the body by a handpiece.
- have an effect on a cellular level beneficial for healing
- increase blood flow and help formation of new blood vessels
- improve tissue repair
- be helpful for local pain relief
Clinical studies have shown improvement in symptoms in:
- Plantar fasciitis- pain under the arch of the foot or heel pain
- Chronic tendinopathies
- Tennis elbow
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Shoulder tendinopathy/ rotator cuff
- Myofascial trigger points- localised tender or painful areas
Shockwave can be a helpful treatment for patients. Prior to treatment you will require an initial physiotherapy or podiatry consultation to assess this treatment is appropriate for you. A consultation may also provide advice and exercises to help with your problem.
If you have any questions, please give us a call on 9518 0722 so we can discuss this with you.
Available at Better Health in Annandale